Do you want to broadcast live streaming videos over the web? Are you looking for the best way to watch live videos as well as to broadcast your own videos live on different devices/platforms?
You need not waste your precious time on finding the best solution for this task. Ustream, one of the most effective streaming broadcasting apps, provides you the best platform for both live streaming and broadcasting.
If you have a webcam and a fast internet connection, you can easily create your live video show with the help of this amazing app. It also allows you to combine a video stream with the user chat and provides a great facility to the show creators to post and link their videos to their other work.
In addition to these, the app offers many reasons to choose it among various apps in its genre. The free/paid availability and no need for any experience or professional equipment make this app more popular among people looking for creating, streaming and linking their videos at various platforms.
Are you thinking of using this wonderful app to broadcast your own videos?
If yes, then before getting the steps to install this app on your PC, it would be really good to know more about Ustream. Here, we are going to discuss what this app offers to its users so that they can use it in a much better way.
- 1 Amazing Features of Ustream – What it Offers?
- 2 Who uses Ustream?
- 3 What about Ustream programs?
- 4 How to Install Ustream on PC and Mac?
- 5 Ustream Producer – How to broadcast your video on PC?
- 6 Alternatives to Ustream
- 7 Final Words
Amazing Features of Ustream – What it Offers?
Let’s have a look at some amazing features of this streaming platform and learn what this app offers to its users.
- It has a clean and straightforward interface, which provides you a simple way to broadcast your own videos and that too at zero cost. So, if you are thinking of using Ustream on any device, no worries at all, you can use it easily even if you have never used such an app before.
- Ustream videos can be watched on various places, such as on the channel page, channel page on the Ustream website as well as on your desired site through an embed code.
- It offers multiple customization options, such as the selection of a background color or image, the selection of a social stream of messages from Twitter, Facebook or Ustream chat in the player.
- The app integrates live and archived footage flawlessly. It allows you to watch a show/tutorial/event as it is happening or you can also choose to watch a show after it broadcasted.
Do you know how many people are using Ustream in a month?
It has been found that the app entices more than 50 million unique users in a month. Thus, making it the largest live streaming and broadcasting platform in the world.
Who uses Ustream?
This app is well-known for providing different ways to the viewer so that he/she can easily interact with the broadcaster all through the live broadcast. It enables broadcasters to chat and go with instant polling as well as the connection with Twitter and Facebook news feeds.
Initially, it was considered as the best way to allow soldiers to connect with the families, even if they got a little free time in the war zone.
But, with the increase in its popularity, many groups and organizations have started using Ustream to grow and improve their services. It has now become a platform where everyone has the freedom to broadcast their views, interests as well as their gaming skills.
You know what? Many people prefer to use this app to broadcast their pets. How thoughtful people are these days?
In addition to this, various radio stations are also choosing this app to stream their broadcasts live, thus enabling them to provide the best visual alternative to the radio. Even many local news channels from all over the world prefer using Ustream to stream their broadcasts online.
Politicians, actors, and musicians are not spared from using the Ustream app. It is a new way for these people to interact with their fans and millions of people around the world.
What about Ustream programs?
Even though many people are still unaware of this video broadcasting app that meets various online broadcasting needs, it is constantly working on expanding the user base by providing numerous programs to the viewers.
The app offers thousands of programs across multiple topics to the viewer so that they can find everything in one place.
The video categories offered at Ustream include:
- Live (broadcast current featured programs)
- Mobile (broadcast from mobile devices)
- Gaming (broadcast everything about video games)
- 24/7 (programs keep on live and broadcasting)
Apart from these, you will find multiple subcategories under each main category. Ustream is always available to provide a wide range of content. It means if you want to watch a particular content, you can easily find a program that you are interested in. If you are broadcasting something, you can reach to the possible viewers through this app.
Now, after getting the necessary information about the Ustream app, we must move further and learn the steps to download and install this app on your PC and Mac.
How to Install Ustream on PC and Mac?
This app can easily be installed on all Android devices with the help of its Android version. But what if you want to get Ustream on your Windows PC and Mac OS?
No need to get disappointed. There is a solution that allows you to install and run this mobile-based app effortlessly on the large screen of your computer. It is none other than the Android emulator, which is considered as the most effective way to fill the gap and emulate the Android environment on Windows operating systems.
If you are looking to install Ustream on PC/Mac, here you will find two ways – BlueStacks and Nox App Player to enjoy streaming and broadcasting over the internet.
Installing Ustream on PC/Mac using BlueStacks
BlueStacks is the most popular Android emulator that works great in running Android apps on Windows PC. Just use these steps to install Ustream on PC.
- Download BlueStacks on your PC using the below-listed download button.
- Then, double-click this downloaded file to get this emulator installed on your system.
- Once it is installed, open it.
- Now, sign-in to the Google account in order to access the apps in the Google Play Store. You can create the new if you have no such account.
- Search for ‘Ustream’ in the Google Play Store by typing this keyword in the search bar.
- Select the top result and click its Install button.
- Now, you can find the icon of Ustream on the main interface of BlueStacks.
- Click this icon and the Ustream app will be opened on your PC.
Installing Ustream on PC/Mac using Nox App Player
No worries, if you do not want to use BlueStacks to get this app. You have various other emulators as well. Like here we are going to use Nox App Player, as the best alternatives to BlueStacks.
To get Ustream on PC through Nox App Player, use these steps.
- Firstly, you need to download the Nox App Player with the help of a given download link.
- Nest, install it with the on-screen instructions.
- After it is installed completely, open the emulator.
- Now, if you have a Google account, sign-in to it, else create the one right now.
- Open the Google Play Store and type ‘Ustream’ in the search bar.
- You will get the list of apps; all you have to do is to select the top app that you want to install.
- Now, click on the Install button to start its installation process.
- After its installation, go to the homepage of the emulator.
- Click the Ustream icon and open the app.
- Now, you are free to stream or broadcast any number of videos you want.
Ustream Producer – How to broadcast your video on PC?
Do you want to create a video tutorial? Do you want to give a demonstration of your newly developed application to others?
Here, Ustream can be used as the best way to broadcast your PC’s screen to the viewers on the internet. Now, here are steps you need to follow in order to create these broadcasts on Ustream using a specific app, Ustream Producer.
- First of all, you have to download the Ustream Producer on your computer from the download button given here.
- Once it is downloaded, double-click this file to install it and follow the instructions attentively.
- Now, launch Ustream Producer.
- You will see a shortcut of this app on the desktop or you can also find it in the Windows Start menu.
- The next step involves logging in with the username and password of your Ustream account.
- Now, look for the ‘Screencast’ button, which is available in the bottom-left side of the main interface.
- After this, select the ‘Add new screen recording shot’ option.
- Then, click the ‘Screencast’ button again.
- Now, you require selecting the area of the screen that you want to broadcast. You can either select to broadcast the full screen or you can select a particular area containing the app.
- In the end, click the ‘Broadcast’ button, it will start broadcasting your screen online.
Alternatives to Ustream
For those who are looking for options or choices other than this streaming and broadcasting app, here are some of the alternatives of Ustream which you can try.
- YouTube Live
And many more…
This guide not only provides you useful information about Ustream and its installation steps on PC, but it also provides you various reasons to stream or broadcast live interactive videos from across the globe.
Simply, with your camera and a high-speed internet connection, you can broadcast your videos to the global audience.
So, if you are the one looking for a similar solution to interact with online viewers or to watch your favorite events, get Ustream on your PC and Mac today only.